How will you survive when aliens attack? Or vampires? Or werewolves? Or vampire werewolves? Geek Survival Guide seeks to point you to the best information to keep you and your loved ones alive during the inevitable zombie apocalypse. Good luck!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

GSG Special Report 2 - Bad Movies


After a particularly jarring example of Bad Movie I sat through earlier today, I was inspired to create the following special report. While typically I am a very, very forgiving lover of genre, today I found myself wanting to get up and get out of a particular film. Bad. The only reason I stayed is because I was waiting for a delivery to be made to the local EB Games (Darn Ship Date vs. Release Date confusion). So I found myself watching a horrible movie from beginning to stultifying end.

Ugh.

If only I'd had the foresight to prepare a Kung Fu Bingo Sheet!

Here, Friends! Arm yourselves with knowledge!

Download GSGSpecial Report 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catching up on the older episodes, I found this little gem. I was, however, upset that you feel it your duty to only inform 2 people, expecting the domino effect will eventually get to your listeners. I cannot be sure of that efficacy, as I have been warned of various bad movies, but I can't be sure it was the one YOU referred to. Why do you feel it fair to make a general warning to your loyal listeners, and not get into the specifics? Do you find us less worthy than your friends that will help you move, for example? I want to be able to avoid ALL bad movies, not just those that luck would have me informed of. If you have information, SHARE! It's your duty as a geek!

Zach said...

Good point, Jindai. I was actually a little worried that mentioning the movie in the podcast would even further reduce the audience. I realize that's kind of the point, but still.
If you look closely at the "Bad Movie Bingo" sheet I mocked up, you'll see the rather odd "You Killed My Elephant" entry. Which could only be filled by the Tony Jaa neutron bomb known as "The Protector". Oy, what a bad movie. I like Tony Jaa. He's an incredible martial artist, and I think he'll do well with better scripts and direction in the future, but this movie was just fantastically, wonderfully, horrifyingly bad. Sigh.